Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Work in Progress: MGK and SPK


IMG_4603, originally uploaded by aunt.meeb.

I love everything about this portrait. Stephanie (right) has come together easily. Margaret has been quite contrary, but she's coming around. There's still some work to be done, but it's getting close.

Here's a progression for you:

IMG_0881
(This is quite the lazy underpainting, by the way.)
IMG_0979
IMG_0982

IMG_0987
IMG_4550
IMG_4599
Thoughts? I really am anxious to hear what you think about this. I have a fear (irrational, I know, but real) that what I see varies greatly from what everyone else sees. Plus, I know these girls. I see their personalities because I know them. Do they shine through to you?

Here is a link to my post with the original photograph. It was taken very informally, as the girls were getting into their van after Margaret's preschool graduation ceremony. 

(Her dress, by the way, was worn by Stephanie in our wedding. It is probably the most awesome flower girl dress ever, and has been well-loved and well-worn.)

1 comment:

Girls on Speed said...

Meeb - I think you actually captured Margaret's personality perfectly! I love this!